Monday, June 11, 2012

Food Diary: 10 June 2012

I think I ate a lot today. Did I? I'm not sure, but there are a ton a pictures! 

 A fried (in olive oil) egg with two small pieces of whole grain bread (90 Cal + 110 Cal)



About a cup of sliced red cabbage (30 Cal)

I weighed out and measured my oatmeal today! This was a small portion for me, at least. I had 44g steel cut oats cooked in water, with a quarter cup raisins and a teaspoon of maple syrup (total: 270 Cal)

I bought a tub of baby green salad mix and made a turkey sandwich with Safeway French bread (150 Cal).

Strawberries (30 Cal)!

Blueberries (40 Cal)!

Krispy Kreme Glazed Lemon-Filled Doughnut (350 Cal)

Cherries (80 Cal)!

Sugar snap peas (30 Cal)!

Krispy Kreme Old Fashioned Sour Cream Cake Doughnut (280 Cal)

I made kale chips (40 Cal)! I heard about these from Chelsea on her YouTube video, and since I normally hate kale I thought I'd give them a shot. Basically, I took a pound of kale from Trader Joe's, tossed it with about a tablespoon of olive oil and some sea salt, laid the pieces out in a single layer on a baking sheet, and cooked them at 250 for about twenty minutes, or until I could reach in and touch them and they felt dry. Verdict: they're okay as a vessel for olive oil and salt, but they're still kale-y and if you don't like kale, you're not going to love these.

Black grapes (10 Cal)

Kind Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew bar. This was fantastic, and 180 Calories. I was very impressed!

Orville Reddenbacher Naturals Simply Salted popcorn (250 Cal), my favorite kind of popcorn.

Total: 1940 Calories

Whew, I need to calm down my appetite a bit, and snack less (but let's face it, it was the doughnuts). I think this always happens when I come home since food is so readily available. I did level one of the Shred this morning, but I'm still two days behind (so I'll need to do it three times tomorrow to catch up). We'll see how this healthier-me project goes for the next week or so until I head back to Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment