Sunday, June 10, 2012

Food Diary: 8 June 2012

The day of my university graduation was also the day I spent many hours moving out of my dorm room into a basement apartment elsewhere in the city, so I didn't have much time to think about things like food, and I didn't work out at all either.


After my departmental graduation ceremony (I didn't attend the main commencement), my boyfriend and I went to a steakhouse in South Lake Union called Daniel's Broiler, which is both extortionately expensive and very much worth the price. We've been there once before, and it truly is for special occasions only.


My single meal of the day consisted of:


A glass of Albrecht Cremant d'Alsace Brut Rosé (70 Cal). It's strange: I don't care for soda, and I don't care for wine, but I love sparkling wine.



Bread roll and butter, times three by the end of dinner (400 Cal). 

My favorite salad-that's-barely-a-salad: the Caprese salad (200 Cal). I don't know how they got tomatoes this excellent so early in the year, but I was impressed. 

The entree: filet mignon (8 oz, medium rare), with butter and jus (500 Cal perhaps?), I think, and the seasonal vegetable, broccolini (20 Cal). This picture does not do the food at all justice. 

Dessert: New York cheesecake (400 Cal). This is, by far, the best cheesecake I have ever had. It came with a cookie I didn't even try because I was determined to finish the cheesecake. I didn't, but the battle was well-fought, and I regret not taking the rest out in a box.

Total Calories: 1590 Calories


Well, I certainly caught up quickly! It really was worth it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment