Monday, May 21, 2012

Review: Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash


I hate putting on lotion. I don't like the way it feels on my hands or on my skin, and it takes ages to put on and to sink in. So, despite my dry skin, I'll generally forgo the use of moisturizers no matter how itchy and dry my legs get, just about until I scratch to the point of bleeding. At least, I did until I discovered Olay's Ultra Moisture Body Wash.

I first discovered this when I bought some new razor heads at Costco and a mini size of it was packaged along with them as a "bonus". I put off trying it for ages because before that, I'd been determined to use the Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash, just because I've trusted Dove for my moisturizing needs for years (I swear by their deodorant), and I wasn't convinced anything could be better without costing a fortune. The full size (12 fl. oz, 354mL) of this costs $5-6, about the same as the Dove body wash.


I am ecstatic about this because when I use it, I don't need to put on lotion. My skin is soft, it smells great for the next few hours (it's a faint, slightly feminine, lightly powdery scent), and I don't have to wait ages for the moisturizer component to sink it. It leaves a sort of film on my skin, just like a lotion would, but without me needing to rub it in (I just use a giant loofah: it lathers beautifully) or dig it out of a tub and deal with it getting trapped under my nails. Because of the film, though, I recommend shaving before using the body wash because your razor can get kind of clogged with the product. I know that sounds kind of scuzzy, having a film on your skin after washing it, but I like the way it feels.


I don't think I've ever used any Olay products before (I think it's marketed towards an older audience), but I might consider taking another foray into their section of the drugstore when I get around to buying a new eye cream in the next few weeks, just because I'm so completely happy with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment